Enterprise Service Management with ServiceNow
A Europe-based manufacturing company uses legacy software for workflow management and employee service within the organization. The legacy system has a complex user interface and requires the user – its employees to access different portals for different processes, resulting in low user experience and miscommunication while resolving their issues. The client organization too faced mismanagement issues and observed a silo effect within the organization. The legacy system incurred heavy maintenance costs as the organization required frequent time-consuming software updates and had privacy and confidentiality issues. The client organization wanted to create a unified portal to increase transparency, efficiency, and productivity within its workforce.
Vatsa Solution: Unified Service Portal Using ServiceNow’s Employee Center Pro Module
Vatsa leveraged the ServiceNow platform and configured and customized its Employee Centre module to simplify the employee services and enhance the end-user experience. ServiceNow offers a single cloud platform to help businesses drive innovation, transform management services, and align their business goals.
Vatsa’s team of experts helped the client develop new plans for the portal and its supporting components. Data management ensured that the data within the departments, primarily IT, HR, Finance, and Procurement remained secure, organized, and helped in real-time reporting. Using the app design studio by ServiceNow, Vatsa developed scoped applications
along with the portal.
A huge part of the project was enhancing the UI/UX of the enterprise service management system. Vatsa delivered customizations of widgets, dashboards, and reporting keeping the end-users in mind. The integration of conversational AI came with various features such as instant service requests, an overview of status updates, speedy acquirement of reports, easy search for knowledge articles, and multiple language translation among other features that
helped the globally dispersed workforce. ServiceNow Dynamic Translation helped translate catalogs and knowledge articles to better cater to the multilingual end-users. A global AI search option was also configured with added functionalities.
Vatsa enabled the client organization to add value to the business process management of the enterprise with the ServiceNow Enterprise Service Management. The improved user experience enabled the users to get their queries resolved faster. The out-of-the-box workflow management helped request services gain pace, streamlined the workflows, and improved transparency.
- The customization of widgets, dashboards and reporting provided an enhanced look and feel of the system, improved the user experience, and streamlined the workflows. The language Dynamic Translation feature made it possible for international users to communicate their queries and problems effectively.
- The unified portal allowed easy viewing of the tickets/requests status across functions, staying on top of the schedule, and ensuring that the majority of the SLAs and KPIs were met.
- The client observed reduced turnaround time, seamless ticket management, and faster servicing of requests by using a unified self-service portal with central governance without disturbing the existing backend processes.
- Governance was improved due to a unified portal system. Virtual agents were able to provide the first line of cross-platform support and then pass it on to live agents for complex queries if required.
- Better visibility over queries and services helped the organization with the business decision-making process.
- Scoped applications, particularly for finance, helped primarily with data protection, their own workflows, and seamless processing of request forms. Different modules for IT and HR as well as improved data security and privacy.
- The configured global AI search options reduced the manual effort of the end-users helping them navigate through the portal seamlessly.
- The new role-based access portal reduced the technology cost of support and maintenance significantly.
- Translation services allowed easy interaction between personnel speaking different languages (need not wait for the availability of the same language speaking person, thus saving on time)
Technology and Tools:
Learn how you can achieve similar results for your business.